Wednesday 12 January 2011

Come On Get Happy!!!

Hi dee ho, my little cupcakes!! I've officially been stuck in the house for a week. Bloody snow. Not that it isn't lovely LOOKING out there, but the old Mini isn't going to make it out of the driveway again until June at this rate! Anyway, I've been trying to think of something sunny and happy to post and last night while watching The David Cassidy Story on VH1Classic, it came to me like a blinding ray of light...or maybe it would be more fitting to say it hit me like a gigantic block painted bus.
The Partridge Family!




At the beginning of the 1970's, the show and it's stars were all over the place. Imagine Hannah Montana times six! The show itself ran for only 4 years, 1970-1974, but my goodness the network got their money's worth! Here are some pics along with some scans of a few of my Song Hits magazine articles from '71 and '72, and a few clips from the heyday of this fab show!









Click and Enlarge To Read the Articles!
July 1971.



January 1971.



May 1972.





There, now the cold weather doesn't seem half as bad!!
Hugs!
Dolly

No comments:

Post a Comment