Tuesday 4 January 2011

Hunka Burnin' Birthday Love!

As I've mentioned before, I'm from Tennessee. And when you're from Tennessee, my dears, there is one thing that is certain...You must love Elvis! And dear me, how I do love Elvis! As this Saturday would have been his 76th birthday, there are lots of goodies going on in Memphis this week!

Graceland Mansion: Annual Events: The Elvis Presley Birthday Celebration




Wish I could get to the other side of the state this weekend, but I'll most likely stay in East Tennessee and sit contentedly in front of the telly with my Elvis doll watching the lovely man's films all day! We may even share a cheeky Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich!
Here's how my nanny used to make them:

Spread peanut butter on two slices of white bread.
Slice a just yellow banana and arrange on top of one of the slices of bread.
Drizzle some honey over the banana and put the sandwich together.
Heat the griddle to medium high heat.
Put a couple of big pats of butter in and let it melt.
Fry the sandwich until it is golden brown on both sides...I usually put in another couple of pats of butter when I turn it!
Cut on an angle and serve.
Yummmies!!

Here's some slightly blurry piccies of my World Dolls 1984 "Burnin' Love" Elvis:




I was going to sell him a few months ago because I really don't have room for him. Happily, though the buyer changed their mind...I'll most likely never sell him now as I'm afraid I've become quite attached!


Anyway, found this clip on youtube of himself, singing Happy Happy Birthday Baby. It's not very good quality, as it was home recorded at a friend's house in 1958. But it is beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment