Thursday, 20 January 2011
So in the past couple of days, I'm honoured to say, I've gotten two blog award nominations from two darlings who both have fantastic blogs!
From http://thebuttonboxx.blogspot.com/. She has a fashion blog that I adore! Always has examples of great trends to watch as well as info on where to buy....and for those of us who are more Scottish than others, where to get something similar for cheapzies!!
From http://paigeythevintagedame.blogspot.com/. Again, I'm a huge fan of her blog! It makes me feel she is a kindred spirit. She is a fellow vintage apron collector and loves to dress up! Her posts always make me smile!
So apparently, I'm supposed to...
A)Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
B)Share 7 things about yourself:
1. I have every episode of The Patty Duke Show on VHS that I recorded off television when I was around 9 years old.
2. I've recently discovered that I look remarkably like my great-grandmother.
3. In London, I interned both with Issa, doing handwork and pattern cutting, and with ASOS.com, as a styling assistant and in production.
4. I can't stand Eric Clapton, especially that horrid Tears In Heaven Song. I know, I know!! I've been told numerous times that it's not only sacreligious, but also totally unlike me.
5. I lost my best friend in the world, my dog Nigel, 2 years ago last Saturday...and I miss him more every single day.
6. My first word was 'bird' because of the songbird mobile that my mom made and hung above my crib...and I've been obsessed with them ever since.
7.I make the most amazing tabbouleh in the free world. :)
C)Award 10 recently discovered great bloggers.
1. http://aspiredlevant.blogspot.com/ She puts together some of the cutest outfits, mostly thrifted!
2. http://laviecestyeye.blogspot.com/ I love her clothes...and she makes the cutest little collars!
3. http://wearinghistory.blogspot.com/ Always informative! Never a dull blog here!
4. http://www.beatle-girls.com/ All about Beatle WAGs...and other girls associated with them over the years. Great photos, many of which I've never seen...and I'm a HUGE Beatle freak!
5. http://what-i-found.blogspot.com/ Great little pieces of vintage sewing, crafting and fashion ephemera.
6. http://beautyisathingofthepast.blogspot.com/ Nifty little vintage beauty and hair tips and guides.
7. http://bobbypinblog.blogspot.com/ Vintage hair blog, packed with great info.
8. http://garage60s.blogspot.com/ Smashing 60's music blog.
9. http://70s-child.blogspot.com/ Little snippets of 70's pop culture. Brilliant.
10.http://neo-edwardian-hipster.blogspot.com/ A blog dedicated to The Persuaders television show. Sounds random, I know, but it's a fantastic look at vintage men's fashion!
D)Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award
Posted by Dolly the Bird at 17:48