Wednesday 19 January 2011

Stockings!



I've been looking for ages for some white knit look tights. You know the type don't you cupcakes? Those scrumptious ones that all the mod girls seemed to have in the mid 1960's? Well, it's bloody hard to find white tights at all, let alone the pretty knit ones...unless of course you're 4 years old. So imagine my delight when I found this article with the directions for making them! It's from 'Golden Hands' magazine, which makes me think of Napoleon Dynamite and the Happy Hands Club every time! It was a weekly sewing and craft magazine that was printed in 1966 and again in 1972 in London. This particular issue is part 44. I love that the London street on the cover looks exactly like my old street in Camden...good old St. Martin's Close! I can't wait to try and make these...even though I swore I'd never knit or crochet ever again after having to design and knit an entire dress for my textiles class a year and a half ago! Once I do, I will of course let you know how they came out!





And if they end up not turning out well, I found some great ones on Topshop.com for $24. Golly, I may just order them anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment