Monday 7 March 2011

Vintage China Jewelry

I've just received a lovely package from one of my favourite jewelry artists, Helen Bowman from Louisiana. Helen makes lovely jewelry, wall hangings and other such stuff out of old china, scarves, playing cards, and other vintage ephimera.
My mother does art shows with her and over the years I've accumulated quite a collection of her pieces.
The three that arrived today are the most special to me though because they were custom made from two broken plates that I had of my great grandmother's....


Some other pieces by Helen that I've collected.....








My scottie dog collection by Helen....




I'm afraid Helen doesn't have a website at the moment, but I've told her that if she does, she simply MUST let me know as everyone is always just head over heels for her snazzy work!!! She does however do multiple art shows in the southeast. I always catch her at the Virginia Highlands Festival in Abingdon, Va every summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment