Saturday 7 May 2011

The Kitchen Of Tomorrow...Yesterday, 1975


I found this great Hotpoint catalog at my Pappy's the other day and just had to do some quick scans and share it! There's no date, but they finished the house where he lives around 1975, so I'm assuming it's from right around there. Not to mention, the women in the photos just SCREAM mid-seventies.....

































Tacky and gorgeous! Just like my Pappy's uber seventies orange kitchen! No kidding, the orange on the wall in the washing machine photo is the same colour of his kitchen counters and backsplashes....not to mention the same colour of the luciously '70s light fixtures in the kitchen as well as in the dining room. It sets off the dark wall paneling quite nicely! I should get photos of it one day and post them!

PS...update on the dress: I've altered the pattern and already have the bodice together...there's a little issue of the bodice being slightly short and not matching up in the front with the back, not sure why because the bodice length is the same as the original? The back is also slightly big and gappy at the shoulder blades. But I'm trying to come up with a solution and then I just need to finish and attach the skirt. Should be finished by Monday.
Happy weekend, my little bumblebees!!!!
xx

2 comments: