A few months ago, I posted some photos of the living room suite that I was planning on using in my house. If you'll remember, it was in pretty rough shape..
This is what all of it looked like when I first found it! Covered in mildew, dust, and dirt.
Once I got it cleaned up and disinfected a few times, the naugahyde...most of it anyway...was in pretty decent shape. There was a bit of cracking here and there though and what was left of the bottoms of the sofa and chair had to be completely ripped away as they were almost non existent!
The poor little ottoman was cracked....
I dropped the chair and the flying saucer ottoman off first, as the sofa...at nine feet long...was going to take up a heck of a lot of room at the upholsterer's shop! When the fabric finally came in, they got to work right away on the chair. It was done in one day!
Will ya look at that profile!
The ottoman had to be completely redone as the naugahyde was so dry, it would have cracked again if we'd just removed the cracked panels and replaced them with fabric.
The sofa was in worse shape than expected and had to have the bottom slats as well as the bottom pieces of frame remade because the original had warped.
We did the same strips on the arms so as to match the chair, even though the naugahyde was in great shape.
I truly love it! And it sits like a dream! The only problem I've found is that it's so long that, if you want to lay down and watch telly, you can't prop your head on the end because it puts you so far away that you can't see the very well! Instead, I have to pile pillows almost in the middle to put my head on! Oh well, it's worth it to have my grandparents' 1960's living room brought back to life!