In the last couple of months, I've been lucky enough to snag two Blogger awards from two dolls whose musings I adore reading!
The first is the Stylish Blogger Award:
This was passed to me by the lovely Annimal over at Annimal House
I'm supposed to list some things about me that I've not revealed in my blog. Ok, my dears. Here goes:
For six years, I worked for the anti-fashion Abercrombie and Fitch. Shock, Horror!!! I even worked for them while I was in fashion school in London. If I had class before work, I'd take my A&F clothes with me so that I wouldn't have to be seen by my classmates in non-fashion/conformity.
2. When I was 10, I started taking flute lessons. I'm not that good anymore, due mainly to lack of practice, but I'll bet I can still play the solo from California Dreamin' like a pro!
3. I'm a nail biter....well picker really. My fingernails always look terrible!
4. I have three BA's: American Fine Arts/Visual Design Concentration, American Fashion Design, and British Fashion Design....and still can't find a flipping job.
5. My favourite drink is Pimm's and Lemonade, closely followed by Gin and Tonic.
6. As if the All-American-ness of A&F weren't bad enough, I was also a cheerleader in high school as well as in college. Actually, I loved it!
7. I hate peanut butter flavoured desserts. Just the thought of them makes me want to hurl. And don't even get me started on peanut butter and chocolate. Gross. Except for those lovely Reese's eggs they have at Easter! They're quite yumsy!
I've also been showered with the 'Top Ten Award' from Kaitlyn at Born Late :
I'm supposed to list my top ten favourite beauty products:
1. Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder. This fab product has been around since 1934, and I've been using it since I was in high school. I love it. I do however hate that they've changed the scent of it in the past couple of years. Now it has a kind of Noxzema-ish/Vicks Vapo Rub under smell. One of the things I loved was the sweet powdery smell of the original without any hint of menthol or eucalyptus, thank you very much. Shame on you, Coty.
2. Rimmel Glam'Eyes Liquid Liner in Black. I love Rimmel liquid liner. It doesn't smudge, smear, or flake. The bad thing is that all of the liquid liners that they offer in the US come with a brush applicator....I can't work with a brush applicator. This means that I've been cleaning and disinfecting my Rimmel Exaggerate Liner applicator top (from my last purchase from Boots on Carnaby Street) so that I can replace the brush with the pen applicator every time I buy more. Annoying.
3. Alpha-H Liquid Gold. Great skin firmer. I use it makes my skin look super fresh and, more importantly, the uneven colour (redness) around the middle of my face has disappeared since I've started using it.
4. Another Alpha-H product: Mr And Miss H PHase Three Clearing Gel. This is the best spot remedy EVER! And it doesn't dry my skin like other spot creams do. And it smells really lovely.
5. The Body Shop Morroccan Rose Eau de Toilette fragrance. I've always liked rosey perfumes, but they have a tendency to smell a bit like an old lady at a bingo game....or a funeral. But this scent from The Body Shop is gorgeous! It's got a nice rose scent, but it's tamed a bit by spicy as well as citrus undertones.
6. Fake Eyelashes. I really don't care which brand, although I am partial to Naturalites 101. Unfortunately, I can't find those in the States, so I've been using the Mod Lash equivilant quite often.
7. 17 (Boots) Blusher in Damson Wine. I love this blusher! Unfortunately for me, I've run out! It's the exact colour of a blusher I used to use in high school that I think was by Cover Girl. It got discontinued and I was devistated, but Boots' house brand made up for it! It's a good colour for those of us who are very pale, but with a yellowish undertone.
8. Gold Bond Ultimate Healing Lotion with Aloe. This is THE best body lotion out there if you have dry skin!
9. Silvikrin Maximum Hold Hairspray. It holds like a pro without being sticky...or stinky! Again, though, something I can't get in the US. While here, I've been using Net Effect Professional Mega Hairspray. It's about the same and doesn't smell too bad.
10. Rimmel Extra Super Lash Mascara. Great stuff!
For both awards I'm supposed to link to some great blogs that I follow, so I'll combine it and do them all here!....
My Pretty Baby Cried She Was a Bird
Plaid Stallions: Rambling and Reflections on '70s pop culture
And Your Cowboy Mouth
The Modern Day Flapper