Thursday 31 January 2013

The Week's Haul....

Hello Loverlies!
I've spent far too much money that I don't have this week.  Really.  But you know how it is when you come across something that's perfect for a specific room or spot in the house or for a project you're doing and you just can't let it slip away!  Well that's what happened to me this week....although it happened to me more than once.  Here's the haul:


All three of these little dumplings are for my laundry room.  It's the one room in the house that I'm designating as pure '70s chic.  Owls and mushrooms all.  In shades of brown, green, yellow, and orange.

1970's Mushroom Pitcher...yes, those are actual plastic flowers from the '70s as well!
1970's Owl vase/planter...is he not just the cutest thing you've ever seen?  I love his drippy left eye!
1970's Owl figurine...I had to buy him.  The drippy eyed one said he'd eat my brain in my sleep if I left his friend behind.  I believed him.  Cost for all three: $18.50.  Not exactly 'thrifty', but not bad!





This little sweet pea was too perfect to resist!  Not only does she match my salt and pepper shakers (CiCi and Pierre), but the gold tag on her back reads, "Souvenir of Virginia".  So she fits into my travel souvenir laden kitschen decor like a dream!  I've named her 'Pebbles' because the bone she's holding and that top knot make her look like a canine version of the spawn of Fred and Wilma Flintstone.  Cost: $1...yeah, that's right!  $1!





The smaller chalkware puppy is the 'new to me' darling.  The larger one belonged to my grandparents.  Don't they make a handsome pair?  Chalkware Lassie...$1





This little gem of a late 50's-early 60's Paris souvenir plate is honestly just gorgeous.  And it better have been for the $3 price tag at the thrift store.  $3???  At a THRIFT store????





As I mentioned, I have a new Scottie puppy named Pip.  He turned 4 months old yesterday.  My mother also has a new Scottie named McTavish.  He's 2 1/2 months old.  They don't get along.  Mom watches Pip while I'm at work and she didn't mind until they got Tavvy.  Now, with the two of them barking at one another nonstop, she'd rather not.  Today, she was kind enough to look out for Pip while I was doing errands.  One of them was to go and check out the new antique shop that a friend just opened.  On one of the shelves was this cutie patootie of a vase as well as a cute figurine of two scotties.  I gave the figurine to my mother in gratitude for dealing with the two 'little men' all afternoon and kept this one for myself!  It's for my sewing room, which is the art deco room of the house...and also the 'scottie room' for all of the vintage scottie 'stuff' I've acquired over my life of collecting it.  Scottie vase: $5.





Here we have a swatch of the mid century table cloth that I found at Goodwill.  Normally I boycott Goodwill, but today I made an exception and I'm bloody well glad I did.  I've got three stools that sit at my bar that need recovering.  I've gone through all of my fabric and, since I don't know that I'll be keeping the stools in the end, I hesitate to waste good fabric on them.  This however is perfect and was a steal at $3.  It's one of those textured vinyl table cloths with a fabric backing.  Not something I'd use as a tablecloth or even in one of my designs, so it's perfect for the project!  And the colour and pattern both fit.  Plus, I like the pattern so much that I may use what's left over to make a couple of outdoor appropriate throw pillows for some saucer chairs I'll be refurbing once spring gets a little closer.  Actually, looking at it this way, a portion may look nice framed and on a wall in my dining room?!!  Maybe??

Have you lot bought any goodies this week?

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment