Wednesday 26 June 2013

Vintage Tang Adverts!


 

Here they are, as promised!!  So what if they're a few days late...

 

Those hands were later fired for canoodling on the set.  They were later hired by I Can't Believe It's Not Butter.


You know what's crazy?  I'm not even that old, but I remember waaaaaay back in the '80s when I was a kid, Tang came in a jar with a screw off metal top like that!  Or maybe my grandmother was just feeding me 30 year old breakfast drink powder?

 

Am I the only person who reads these giveaway promos in old magazines and immediately begins searching for the stuff in them at every shop/sale they're in?  I now want that bowl and glass.

 

 


Anyone else noticing the disembodied hand trend here?  Not sure how I feel about that approach.  In fact, it kind of had a 'Don Draper would have never approved this' kind of vibe.  Or maybe he would have if he'd have gotten Tang for sifting through the Johns' trousers.  Meh, who knows.








Oooo!  Finally!!  I real person!  But 'punchier'?  I think Hawaiian Punch's Punchie would take issue with that!




I love the outer space/astronaut tie ins with Tang.  I credit them with making me feel that every glass of Tang is one small step for man and one giant leap for mankind...er, breakfastkind....er, something...



 







Why,  Mrs. Brady, THOSE aren't Bobby and Thindy.  Wait, that isn't your kitchen either.  Wait.  What?


1 comment:

  1. The thought of "waking up to Tang!" is literally gag inducing for me, but I do love these vintage ads! xo

    ReplyDelete